Read that again…YOU BECOME WHAT YOU LISTEN TO.
That’s a truth bomb. It’s easy to gloss over it and never give it much thought. What you listen to on a daily basis, whether it’s people, music, podcasts, TV shows, movies, the news, YOURSELF…it’s either lifting your mood up or it’s taking you down.
I happen to have a job that I can put headphones in and listen to something all day long. This is not the norm, I realize. But in my little world, it is.
Since the beginning of the year, I have made a conscious effort to read social media differently…less random scrolling and being more intentional with how I consume it. Along with this has come a shift in what I am filling my world with.
For 2020, I have chosen Books and Podcasts.
What am I reading?
- #IMOMSOHARD by Kristin Hensley
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki
What am I listening to?
- Start Today Morning Show Podcast
- Rise Together Podcast
- Rise Podcast
- Sunday Sitdown with Willie Geist Podcast
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations Podcast
- Where My Mom’s At Podcast (usually viewed on YouTube)
Honestly, I already feel it working. I feel a shift. A noticeable shift in my mood and how I view the world & life.
One of my biggest revelations of the year is something that deep down I already knew.
Negative self-talk will sabotage you.
All the positive reading and listening in the world isn’t going to make up for being unkind to yourself. Your inner monologue, what you say to yourself on a daily basis…it’s POWERFUL.